• Remapping is editing the ecus file/software which controls the engine by requesting certain amount of boost, fuelling, torque, ignition timing etc from the engine throughout different RPM and throttle input. For example, on a stage 1 tuning we would request certain amount of boost, fuelling, torque etc from a specific engine, and on stage 2 we would request slightly more than stage 1 depending on your modifications and power target. Engine will follow and perform by the data according to its current mileage, health & maintenance. Two identical engines with different mileage, health & maintenance can perform differently even on stock software or stage 1 with same amount of boost/fuelling/torque request, power output totally depends on each individual engine's health & maintenance
• Any remapper/tuner would not know what condition customers bring their engine in as diagnostic scans don't tell half of the story of the engine’s internals and components' current health status. As a result, no other tuner in the world, nor we, give any mechanical warranty on any vehicles. Even manufactures or aftermarket warranty companies don't SELL mechanical warranty to cars above certain age and mileage because they don't know what condition the engine is in right now. It is solely the owner’s decision to remap their cars, as tuners we are just doers of what customers want from their engine. If they want stage 1 power figures from their engine, we request it for them by tuning their software
• It is the owner’s responsibility to make sure their vehicle is healthy enough for the extra power they want from their vehicle. We tune vehicles daily, if your engine is healthy and maintained properly you won’t have any issues. If your engine is not maintained properly, or has pre-existing issues, even without remapping, components can fail sooner or later. Everything has a life span. 90% of cars in garages around the world getting fixed right now are stock cars.
• We offer lifetime file warranty as files data inside the ecu never ever changes, its permanent forever.
• We do not offer any refunds on our remapping services. If a solution does not work then we wont charge you in the first place. For example you wanted pops and bangs for any reason it did not pop at all, we would not charge you anything. If your vehicle is not making the target power due to hardware/mechanical issues, you're still required to pay in full for our tuning service. Once you fix the hardware issues your engine will meet the target power. If you wish to revert your car back to original within 14 days we will do that free of charge, after 14 days its £50
• We offer ecu warranty during the remap which means if ecu was damaged while we are handling it or working on it which has never happened to us, we will recover or replace the ecu for you through our business insurance. However, if we see that your ecu was dipped in water or water residue around it or inside the ecu this would cause the ecu to short-circuit inside if anyone touches the ecu where the movement can shift moisture/water inside the ecu and cause short circuit then we would not be liable for the damage, or if another remapper has played around with the ecu, tuned it, or cloned the ecu etc with other tools, then again, whoever touches it could be the unlucky person, so in that case we would not take liability.
• Horsepower and torque figure quotes are average potential gain for your engine found in identical cars that we have tuned; your specific engine may put out more or less than the quoted figures depending on its current overall health & maintenance. For pops and bangs we recommend you to decat it before you get pops and bangs or soon after it although 80% of our customers take pops without decat. For flames we recommend straight through exhaust ( all cats, res, and backbox off ). For both pops and flames we strongly advise you not to do it excessively and don't abuse it especially, when stationary. Please note, decat is MOT failure, hence why we recommend pops flames off-road use only. It is solely the customers choice to have pops and flames on their car, we don't forcefully load it on for free, we are just doers of what customers want from their car, and we don't know what condition their engines internals are in, hence why we don't give any mechanical warranty. We have been doing pops and flames for customers as well as our own personal cars for years without any issues. Any deletes/Solutions you take from us are for off-road use only
• If your vehicle is equipped with a tricore ecu such as Bosch ecus found in most BMW & VAG cars after 2008-2009, for example EDC17, MED17, MEVD17, MG1, MD1, Simos12 simos 18, simos19 etc, any ecu that only gives virtual original file through the obd port, this means if your car is already remapped, then it’s impossible for any remappers to access that remapped file in the ecu through the obd port. In order to check if your car is already remapped, we would need to take the ecu out of the car, wire up our tools to the ecu’s connector pins in bench mode, and then read its data and compare it against an original file which may incur additional charge if you want us to check if your car has been tuned before. If you do not want us to check, In that case if your car is already stage 1 remapped and you get another stage 1 remap from any other remapper, you may not feel much difference in peak power. Therefore, its strongly recommended that, you provide your remapper as much information as possible, from vehicle mileage, any current issues, and historic issues etc.
Key Terms & Conditions For Remaps:
* Remap is just request to your engine to produce more power and torque you want from your engine by requesting more boost, fuelling & torque in the software. Engine is the hardware & Remap is the software. Software NEVER EVER changes but hardware CAN change, wear out or components can fail, as every component has life span and you don't know what condition they're currently in. Therefore, we are NOT responsible for any hardware ( engine ) issues or failures. As tuners, we are just doers of what you want from your engine, it is solely your decision and therefore it is your responsibility to make sure your engine is healthy for the extra power you want from it. If your engine is healthy then you wouldn't have any issues, however, if you have pre existing issues or components standing on their last leg, they may not cope with the extra power you want from them and they can fail.
* For pops and bangs or flames it is recommended to use decat downpipe and for off road use only also decat will make the car MOT failure
• At JA CUSTOM TUNING we use CCTV with image and voice recording technology inside and outside our garage for everyone's safety. Upon arrival please hand the keys over to us and take a seat while we work on your car. Please avoid wondering around the workshop and getting close to ramp and work area as there may be hazards. We are not responsible for any injuries caused while disregarding our rules. By booking in, visiting our workshop or taking any service from us, you accept all our terms and conditions
• Ordering parts for customers - we take 10% non refundable booking deposit before we order any parts for customers. If customers cancel the booking after we have already placed the order, the deposit will not be refunded in order to cover the cost of returning the parts back to the seller.
• If you purchase files from us for yourself, you're a independent remapper or one of our agent . It is your responsibility to deal with any potential issues with your tools writing the file into the ECU. For tools support we recommend you keeping your tools up to date with subscription and send support request to your tool manufacture. We can only offer support with files not with your tools. The files are digital products, once they're are sent out, we cannot issue refund unless clear evidence that our file is not working for example you bought a pop and bang file and it’s not making pops. We do not offer any mechanical warranty on any engines for any tuning file service, as we don't know what condition they're currently in, therefore we recommend you to explain everything to your customers and give them a written receipt with key Ts & Cs just like we do at JA CUSTOM TUNING. For pops and flames files, we recommend your customer having decat and for off road use
• All Slave tools purchased from us are permanently linked to JA CUSTOM TUNING even if they're re-sold. A release fee of £399.99 is required to unlink a tool from JA CUSTOM TUNING